Google My Business is an invaluable tool for businesses of all sizes, providing a platform to manage their online presence across Google, including Search and Maps. As your business grows, you may find the need to delegate some of these responsibilities to a trusted team member by adding them as a manager. This article will guide you through the process of adding a manager to your Google My Business account in 2023, ensuring you understand the role of a manager, their access levels, and how to troubleshoot common issues. Whether you’re a small business owner or part of a larger organization, this guide is designed to help you navigate this process with ease.
Adding a Manager on Google My Business: A Step-by-Step Guide
When it comes to enhancing the efficiency of your business operations, adding a manager to your Google My Business account can be a game-changer. This is particularly beneficial for businesses operating across multiple locations or those seeking help in managing their digital footprint.
The process, while straightforward, is crucial to maintaining the accuracy and credibility of your Google My Business profile. It involves four main steps: logging into your account, locating the ‘Users’ section on your dashboard, extending an invitation to the new manager, and finally, confirming this invitation.
In the following sections, we will delve into a detailed, step-by-step walkthrough of this process. This guide aims to empower you to delegate responsibilities related to the Google My Business platform effectively and seamlessly.
Step 1: Logging Into Google My Business Account
Initiating the process of adding a manager to your Google My Business profile begins with logging into your account. Here’s how to do it:
- Launch a web browser and navigate to the Google My Business login page.
- Proceed to sign in to the Google Account that is linked to your business. If you’re managing multiple Google accounts, make sure to choose the one associated with your Google My Business listing.
- Upon successful login, your Google My Business dashboard will be displayed. This is the starting point for adding a new manager to your account.
Please note, if you’re unable to access this account or have misplaced your password, you can follow the prompts for Forgot password? or Can’t access your account? to retrieve your login details.
It’s essential to remember that the Google account you need to access is the one hosting your business listing, not just any Google account affiliated with your business.
With successful login achieved, you’re now ready to proceed to the next step: locating the ‘Users’ section.
Step 2: Navigating to the ‘Users’ Section
Having successfully logged into your Google My Business account, your next task is to find the Users section.
- Begin by directing your attention to the left sidebar of your Google My Business dashboard. Here, you should find a tab labeled Users, often represented by an icon featuring multiple-person silhouettes.
- Proceed by clicking on the Users tab. This action will redirect you to a fresh page, displaying a comprehensive list of all current users – ranging from owners and managers to site managers – linked with your business listing.
- In case the Users option is not visible, it’s essential to verify your permissions. Should you lack the necessary permissions, it’s advisable to contact the primary owner of the business listing.
Bear in mind that only the primary owner and existing managers possess the authority to invite a new user to take on the role of a manager. If your account status lacks these permissions, you’ll be unable to add a new manager.
With the Users section now accessible, you’re ready to move to the subsequent step: extending an invitation to a prospective manager for your Google My Business listing.
Step 3: Inviting a New Manager
Upon accessing the ‘Users’ section, you’re now primed to invite a new manager.
- Start by identifying the ‘Invite new users’ button, typically symbolized by a plus sign (+), located in the top right-hand corner of the ‘Users’ page. Click on this button to proceed.
- A dialog box will subsequently appear. In the provided ‘Email address’ field, input the email address of your prospective manager. It’s crucial that this email address corresponds to the one they utilize for their Google account.
- Next, click on the ‘Role’ dropdown menu. Here, you’ll encounter the options ‘Owner’, ‘Manager’, and ‘Site Manager’. Select the ‘Manager’ role to assign to your invitee.
- Finally, click on the ‘Invite’ button, positioned at the bottom right of the dialog box.
It’s important to remember that only the primary owner and existing managers have the authority to invite a new manager.
Your invitee will receive an email containing your invitation to manage the Google My Business listing. With this step finalized, you’re ready to proceed to the final step: confirming the invitation.
Step 4: Confirming the Invitation
Once the invitation has been dispatched, the ball is in the court of the invitee to accept it. Here’s how the new manager can confirm the invitation:
- They will receive an email from Google My Business, indicating that they’ve been invited to manage your listing.
- Within this email, they’ll find an ‘Accept Invitation’ button. Clicking on this is the next move.
- This action will prompt a web browser to open, directing them to Google My Business. Here, they’ll need to log into the Google account linked to the email address you’ve invited.
- After logging in, they’ll be presented with your business listing and an option to accept the managerial invitation. They should select ‘Accept’.
Upon acceptance, the new manager’s name will populate in your ‘Users’ section under the manager category. If the invitation seems to be missing, advise them to check their email’s spam folder.
It’s crucial to note that this step is solely the responsibility of the invitee. Neither the owner nor the primary manager can accept the invitation on their behalf. Once the new manager has successfully accepted the invitation, the process is finalized.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the process of adding a manager to my Google My Business listing in 2023?
You can add a manager to your Google My Business listing by logging in, selecting your business, and clicking on “Users”. Next, click on “Invite New Users”, add the manager’s email, and select “Manager” as the role. Confirm this by clicking “Invite”.
2. Can I assign multiple managers to my Google My Business account?
Yes, you have the ability to assign more than one manager to your Google My Business account, providing for efficient task distribution and enhancing the overall management of your business listing.
3. What permissions would a manager have in my Google My Business account?
A manager of a Google My Business account can do almost everything except for a few critical actions. These entail removing the Business Profile, adding and removing users, and managing Google Ads settings.
4. What is the procedure to remove a manager from my Google My Business account?
To remove a manager, sign in to Google My Business, select “Users”, find the manager you wish to remove, and click the “X” next to their name. After this, confirm the action by clicking “Remove”.
5. Is there a limit to how many managers I can add to my Google My Business account?
While you can add multiple managers, Google My Business has a limit of 100 total owners and managers of a single business listing.
6. Can managers change the primary owner of the Google My Business listing?
No, managers of a Google My Business account do not have the authority to change the primary owner. Only owners can transfer primary ownership.